Parent Meeting Policy
If a parent or guardian would like to set up a meeting to discuss a question or concern, the following procedure must be adhered to.
1. Call to set up an appointment in accordance with the order of “Procedure for Ideas, Suggestions, and Complaints”. Failure to follow the proper procedures will not be accepted.
2. When discussing issues concerning a non-head coach with the Athletic Director, the Head Coach of that activity should be present.
3. Meetings will take place at the convenience of all parties concerned.
4. Meeting will be conducted within forty-eight (48) hours of request.
5. All parties are expected to remain civil. At no time will those involved in the meeting raise their voice or make any threatening comments or gestures.
6. Meetings will have an agreed-upon agenda. All parties concerned will have this agenda twenty-four (24) hours in advance (when possible) of any meeting in order that the meeting should reach the highest degree of productivity.
7. All parties concerned shall be present, including the student-athlete.
8. Only the student’s’ issue/situation shall be discussed.
9. Anonymity of information is not guaranteed. All anecdotal information divulged at such meetings is subject to verification.
10. PA Law 2712-Assault on Sports Officials, which includes game officials, members of the athletic department, administrative staff, trainers, and coaches, is in effect. Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law