Mission & Goals
The mission of the Union Area School District is:
“Commitment to Excellence Today; Youth Preparing for Tomorrow.”
The abbreviated motto consistent with the district mission is:
“Preparation, Commitment, Excellence”
The goals of the district are to provide academic, social, and emotional growth, to develop each child’s full potential in a positive learning experience, to provide a smooth transition from elementary learning to high school learning in the middle school, and to provide educational opportunities to ensure academic and social growth in the secondary.
- Excellent computer resources from kindergarten through graduation.
- Full day kindergarten
- Favorable teacher/student ratio
- Accelerated math and science classes
- Vast coursework in STEM subjects
- Advanced Placement (AP) and Dual Enrollment courses
- Gifted program that provides community mentors and internships and fosters a warm relationship between school and community
- Pre-Kindergarten Program
- Pre-K – 4 DIBELS Assessment Program
- Accelerated Reader in Elementary and Middle School Program