Little Scotties Pre-School
Full Day Kindergarten
Union Area School District was instrumental in providing full day Kindergarten in the late 1990’s becoming a forerunner in the surrounding area with this service.
EARLY CHILDHOOD FOUR-YEAR OLD
The Union Area School District, with the direction of Linda O’Neill, developed a four-year old kindergarten program for its students during the 2004-2005 school year. The half-day program focuses on all aspects of a child’s development: social, emotional, cognitive, and physical. The Early Childhood Four-Year Old Kindergarten Program is offered to the children residing in the Union Area School District who are four (4) years old by September 1st.
Call about registration today!
- Pre-Literacy Skills – Reading/Writing/Verbal Communication
- Emergent Mathematical Skills – Classification/Numbers/Patterns/Counting
- Critical Thinking Skills – Observing/Exploring
- Gross/Fine Motor Skills
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum, all aligned with Early Learning StandardsEarly Childhood
- Teacher who is certified in “Early Childhood” education
- Fully equipped environment for continuous interaction
- Provides an orderly transition into kindergarten
- Special Programs including art, STEAM, library, music, and physical activity
- AM/PM Schedules – 8:50 AM to 11:30 AM or 12:40 PM to 3:20 PM
- Pre-K Monday thru Friday
- Same School Year Schedule as K thru 5
- Breakfast Available – 8:20 AM to 8:50 AM
- Snack/Rest Time
- One-way transportation provided